When staying connected to the virtual world has become so important in today’s life, the need for a stable internet connection has become mandatory. It helps you to explore and stay updated with the things happening in the world.
The world of opportunities opens up when you have good quality internet at home. For the best connection, you need to have Wi-Fi routers in place. The Wi-Fi routers have become popular among various customers, especially those who stay in larger apartments or multi-story buildings.
People staying in such places often face Wi-Fi dead zones and that leads to a weaker internet connection. To enjoy buffer-free videos and play online games, you should get a Netgear Orbi RBK20 Wi-Fi router. This mesh Wi-Fi router is a foolproof solution to cure the dead Wi-Fi zones by using various access points that come together to create a strong and rigid Wi-Fi network.
All the devices that are registered to the Wi-Fi network get connected to the nearest Wi-Fi point to get the strongest signal and eliminate the weak connections. The Netgear Orbi RBK20 is a tri-band Wi-Fi router.
One of the three bands of the router is used to build a connection between the satellite and the router. Both the satellite and the router have the same design and are white. The device is easy to install and use. That is the reason it has gained immense popularity among the users.
Netgear Orbi RBK20 has some amazing features about which we have mentioned below:
1. Compatibility and performance
Netgear Orbi RBK20 are one of the most compatible routers available in the market. The device has an updated firmware that helps in supporting Amazon Alexa. It is capable of transmitting two-stream data for the configuration of the device. Installation is easy and it requires no technical skill to set up. You can connect Netgear Orbi RBK20 easily with your Mac, PC, and other smartphones through Wi-Fi.
2. Aesthetic looks
Netgear Orbi RBK20 is crafted with a sleek and modern design. When placed at one corner of your home, it would enhance the overall decor of your room. Due to its attractive looks, you can display Orbi like a piece of artwork on your shelve. The marvelous shell of the device features four internal antennas that enhance the wireless range to every corner of your home. Netgear Orbi RBK20 is a device that delivers great performance with an enigma.
With Netgear Orbi RBK20, you can have an internet connection that you can see. There is a ring LED on the top of the Orbi router and the satellite that glows with blue color or amber to signify the good and weak internet connection. When a stable connection is established, the light is turned off. This indicator lets you check your connection status at a glance. When your video’s buffer or your online games get stuck, you know the status of your connection by just looking at your Wi-Fi router.
4. Parental Control
Netgear has partnered with Circle to explore new ways of managing content and time for all the connected devices. With the help of the Circle app, parents are now able to filter content, set bedtime, and limit the screen time for every device at home. Orbi is equipped with Circle® Smart Parental Controls so that every parent can enjoy peace of mind. This makes Netgear Orbi RBK20 one of the smart devices in today’s time.
Pros and Cons
- Netgear Orbi RBK20 offers fast Wi-Fi coverage for homes that are up to 4,000 square feet. You would need 1-pack for up to 2000 square feet and 2-packs for 4000 square feet.
- It is highly compatible with your current Internet Service Provider that includes Spectrum, Cox, Charter, Xfinity, and many more.
- With Netgear Orbi RBK20, you would be able to avoid the rental fees for the Wi-Fi router or cable modem from your service provider.
- Netgear Orbi RBK20 can deliver consistently fast internet speed even when you connect it to numerous devices.
- There are four Gigabit Ethernet ports so that you can directly connect with your game consoles, home-office devices, and the home media center.
- Netgear Orbi RBK20 is equipped with smart parental controls that help you to manage the content and time for any connected devices. This is extremely beneficial for the parents to control their children’s devices online.
- The Wi-Fi router allows you to create a separate guest network safely for the visitor. You do not have to share your Wi-Fi passwords in this case.
- If you want to expand the high-performance Wi-Fi coverage, you can connect Netgear Orbi RBK20 to an Orbit satellite. The Orbit satellite needs to be bought separately.
- Netgear Orbi RBK20 is a reliable device and you can be tension free once you get connected.
- Netgear Orbi RBK20 offers both router and mesh systems.
- There is a smartphone configuration app, which lets you configure the device easily. Orbi mobile app can be installed on both Android and iPhone.
- It is available with a 1-year warranty.
- There is 24-hour customer support whom you can contact at any point in time.
- There is no USB connectivity. Hence cannot be connected to the printer or storage sharing.
- It is comparatively expensive in comparison to the others in the market.
- The size of the device is large.
About the Company
Netgear is one of the reliable manufacturers of the technology industry. It is a multinational company that develops and designs networking products for its worldwide customers. Netgear is based in San Jose, California and its networking products are used for commercial purposes as well as personal uses at home. The products manufactured by Netgear have gained significance and popularity because of their innovations. They can deliver products that are compatible with the trending situations. With its dynamic and versatile products, Netgear has been able to emerge as a substantial manufacturer. They develop wired and wireless devices that concentrate on enhancing the entire networking system and provide the best connectivity to the end-user. Their products are user-friendly, reliable, and are available in numerous configurations to meet the expectations of the users.
The Netgear Orbi RBK20 is compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa so that you can easily access the settings using commands. The weight of the device is 476gm and its dimension is 142*61*176.6mm. The ports are located at the rear and oval-shaped LED lights form a ring shape on the top. Both the units are equipped with sync and power buttons, DC power input ports, and reset pinholes. This power-packed device would resolve all your connection issues even when you have several devices connected to this Wi-Fi router. Netgear Orbi is an outstanding solution to the Wi-Fi- dead zones. It offers consistent upload and download speed as compared to the single-point Wi-Fi routers so that you can seamless internet connection. It is easy to set up and get going and anyone can do it at home. It is one of the greatest packages to invest in.
1. Can I connect Netgear Orbi with another router?
Yes, you would easily be able to connect Netgear Orbi with your existing router. All you need to do is simply connect your Orbi router with the current modem or router that is supplied by your internet service provider. This router will serve as your dedicated Wi-Fi link, which will connect, to the satellites through the router unit. Netgear Orbi is easy to install and get connected to.
2. Is Netgear Orbi compatible with Spectrum?
When you install Netgear Orbi, it will replace your existing cable modem and a Wi-Fi router. It will be able to seamlessly work with all the leading Internet service providers like Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, Xfinity, and many others. You should choose 1-pack for the Wi-Fi coverage of homes up to the area of 2000 square feet.
3. What do the LED lights of the Orbi router and satellite signify?
The LED lights of the router and satellite button LEDs means:
- Solid Amber – Your satellite and Orbi router is rebooting.
- Solid green – Your satellite and Orbi router is switched on.
- Pulsing Amber – You need to reset your satellite and Orbi router’s factory settings.
- Pulsing red – Your Orbi router requires attention. You should contact the support center immediately.
4. Does the Orbi Wi-Fi system support any security feature?
Yes, it has all the below-mentioned security features:
- Denial of service attack prevention prevents others from overloading your internet connection with traffic.
- W-F- protected Access to provide user authentication and data encryption.
- Automatic firmware updates to keep the Orbi Wi-Fi system updated with the latest firmware.
5. What am I supposed to do when my Orbi router cannot find my Orbi satellite?
When your Orbi satellite’s magenta light pulses, you should move the Orbi router close to the Orbi satellite. If you find that, the light is still pulsing even after moving the router to the satellite, then press the Sync buttons that are located at the back of the Orbi router and the Orbi satellite.
- 1 Netgear Orbi RBK20
- 2 Main Features
- 3 Pros and Cons
- 4 About the Company
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 FAQs
- 6.1 1. Can I connect Netgear Orbi with another router?
- 6.2 2. Is Netgear Orbi compatible with Spectrum?
- 6.3 3. What do the LED lights of the Orbi router and satellite signify?
- 6.4 4. Does the Orbi Wi-Fi system support any security feature?
- 6.5 5. What am I supposed to do when my Orbi router cannot find my Orbi satellite?