Netgear Ac2350 Review
In this world of technology, it is crucial to stay connected to the virtual world of the web. There are various types of equipment that help you to get connected. The Wi-Fi router is one of the options that you bring into your home to set up a stable internet connection. The router not only improves the network signal but also keeps up the security aspect of the computer.
To experience a smooth streaming experience you should buy Netgear Ac2350 dual-band Wi-Fi router. Nothing frustrates you more than losing the internet connection when you are midway through streaming and gaming. You can rely on Netgear products blindly as they are always ready with new advanced products that match the trends and are reliable.
Apart from high speed, the model of Netgear Ac2350 has various features to delight its users. We would discuss the features in detail in the next section. Netgear Ac2350 is easy to install as Netgear has made the installation of its devices very simple.
Once the router is connected and powered up, you can set it up using the Ethernet cable of your laptop. Netgear Ac2350 helps to access files and share them between your printer and device. The entire usage process of Netgear Ac2350 starts forward and easy.
The Netgear genie app makes it even more convenient to access the settings and customize them. It is one of the most efficient routes that are suitable for a large home where there are lots of internet traffic.
The core features of Netgear Ac2350 are mentioned below:
1. Allows sharing
Netgear Ac2350 is a smart Wi-Fi router that assures you to easily access files and share them among devices and the printer. You can use the sharing features to share music, photos, and other documents. The ReadySHARE® USB access helps to share information with speed. You can share them using the two ports (USB 3.0 and USB 2.0) provided on the device. Port number 3.0 us ten times faster than 2.0. The ReadySHARE Vault is Windows computer-based software that helps to back up the USB hard drive information when you choose to share via a router.
The Wi-Fi dual-band router of Netgear Ac2350 provides foolproof security to guarantee ultimate safety to your home network. Some of the dynamic features ensure limitations and privacy to the network users. Netgear Ac2350 has VPN support that allows you to get a remote control on your network. Parental control is an amazing feature that empowers parents with full access to the kid’s online interactions. This feature assists to evaluate the sites that are visited by the kids so that if the parents want they can put restrictions on adult content sites.
3. High speed and best coverage
Netgear Ac2350 is one of the fasted Wi-Fi routers. It is equipped with X4 Architecture that allows lag-free and blazing fast Wi-Fi experience to the users. BEAMFORMING+ technology boosts up the speed, range, and reliability of the Wi-Fi connections. You would get up to 2.33Gbps combined Wi-Fi speed to enjoy extreme streaming and gaming experience. The dual-core 1.4GHz processor of the router enhances the performance level. With this Wi-Fi router, you can get the best coverage for large homes.
Pros and Cons
- The simultaneous dual-band of Netgear Ac2350 improves the Wi-Fi connectivity of your house by decreasing the interference when many numbers of devices are connected.
- The dynamic QoS of the device helps to select the bandwidth and prioritize devices. It intelligently chooses the fastest band.
- Netgear Ac2350 is equipped with beamforming+ technology that boosts up the signal strengths of both 5 and 2.4GHz bands. Therefore, you can enjoy a reliable connection.
- The ReadySHARE® USB access allows you to share information from storage drives with great speeds.
- eSATA port supports reliable and quick connectivity to all the external storage devices.
- Netgear Ac2350 is easy to install and anyone can do it conveniently using the tablet, smartphone, or computer.
- The Netgear genie® app assists the users to get access to the settings menu. You can make suitable customization changes easily with the app.
- With the Push N Connect feature of the router, the connection gets started with just a push on the button.
- Both the power connections and Wi-Fi have designated switches. You can turn them on or off as required.
- Netgear Ac2350 has four antennas to delight you with the best internet connectivity.
- The RAM of Netgear Ac2350 is 256MB and memory of 128MB.
- The NAS functionality allows it delivers high-performance.
- The status lights can be toggles using a switch.
- It has the ultimate range of Wi-Fi coverage throughout very big homes.
- The parental controls help to evaluate the sites visited by the kids.
- The router overrides the client’s DNS.
- The UI of the device seems slow and outdated.
- It is expensive as compared to the other devices of the same range.
- The device is bulky in size.
- The antenna labels mentioned are quite difficult to read.
About the company
Netgear is an international brand that has its headquarters in San Jose, California. They are a popular brand that designs and manufactures networking products. The company has always strived to deliver the best products that signify reliability and assurance. Their products are always up-to-date so that it can withstand any given situation. Netgear sells networking products for home and business uses. Netgear came into existence in the year 1996 and they have evolved into a huge brand since then. They have delivered products that are based on proven technologies like LTE, Ethernet, power line, and Wi-Fi. These products have various configurations to meet the needs of end-users from different geographical locations. Netgear has gained significance in the competitive market because their products are a perfect blend of innovation and user-friendliness.
Netgear Ac2350 is one of the super performing smart Wi-Fi router models that you will find in the market today. It is the best among all the other top models. It is capable of advancing the internet speeds of both the indoor and outdoor premises. This advanced router model guarantees you that you will never have to encounter buffering videos and low latency modes. Like most of the routers in this category, Netgear Ac2350 intensifies and remits its Wi-Fi network via four ductile antennas. This model delivers a network using two leading broadband. One if which is 2.4GHz and delivers a speed of 1.73Gbps. The other one is 5GHz, which delivers a speed rate of 2.33Gbps. With great structure design and supreme efficiency, this device is the perfect choice for the individuals who want to increase the speed of the Wi-Fi connection at their home with a high number of internet traffic. With exciting features like Dynamic QoS and Beamforming+, you can enjoy non-stop connections throughout your devices.
1. How does a wireless router work?
A wireless router is connected to the modem with a cable. When connected, it allows receiving and transmitting information from and to the internet. This way, the router can create and communicate with the Wi-Fi network of your home with the help of its antennas. In this process, all the devices of your home network able to access the internet connection.
2. What are the basic things to consider while buying a router?
The below-mentioned factors would define your router’s performance level.
- Get a router that has a multi-core processor and at least a RAM of 128MB.
- The router should be of dual-band or more.
- Verify the real-life speed online for the router you buy.
- Get a router that has a smartphone app so that you can use the internet anywhere.
- A router with a USB port is useful to connect to printers, hard disks, and USB modems.
3. What is the difference between 2.4GHZ and 5GHz frequencies?
The basic difference between the two frequencies is the speed and coverage that they provide. 2.4GHz covers a longer range; however, it transmits slower data speed. 5GHz band has fewer coverage capacities, but delivers faster data speeds. The range of the 5GHz band is low because the higher frequencies are unable to penetrate through solid objects like floors and walls.
4. How can I set up the live parental controls?
The following steps will help you to set up parental controls easily.
- Launch a web browser from your device and go to the website http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
- When you get the login screen, enter the username and password. The default password is “password” and the user name is admin.
- Select the option “Parental Controls” and click on either Mac Users or Windows Users button.
- Then, follow the instructions mentioned on the screen to download and install the Live Parental control offered by Netgear.
5. Where should I buy Netgear Ac2350?
There are numerous offline shops available where you can buy genuine products of Netgear. Apart from this, you can also buy it from the online store of Amazon. They guarantee legitimate products at the best price.
- 1 Netgear Ac2350 Review
- 2 Netgear Ac2350
- 3 Main Features
- 4 Pros and Cons
- 5 About the company
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 FAQs