In the modern age, when there is so much to learn and explore, everyone requires a good quality internet connection. The internet connects an individual to the world of opportunities and discoveries. For advanced speed quality, you need a router in place. A router allows multiple computers to share a common internet connection and provides stability.
A router improves the security of the computer as they support NAT (Network Address Translation) which means that a Public IP address is assigned to the router and not to the PC. Some of the advanced routers even have firewalls to protect against hacking.
Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Wi-Fi Router is one such router that gives extremely strong encryption to the wireless data. With this router, you can bring home the best experience of the online gaming world, get smoother streaming for all the online videos and get more devices connected as this router is capable of setting up a reliable connection to all your devices.
The Dynamic QoS bandwidth prioritization maximizes your internet speed for streaming and gaming. Nighthawk X6 has various key features that allow it to boost connectivity and performance.
The 6 highly efficient antennas help to extend the Wi-Fi coverage throughout the rooms of a large home and even to the backyards. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC3200 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router is an extra-ordinary router that provides the best security and speed that you can expect from a premium wireless router.
Some of the best wireless routers usually work on dual-band; however, Nighthawk AC3000 is ahead by one-step further. It broadcasts one 2.4GHz band and two 5GHz bands making it more efficient than the others. There are several other amazing features of Nighthawk AC3000 which are worthy of praise. They are mentioned below.
1. Parental Controls
Netgear Nighthawk AC3000 is compatible with Circle. A circle is a smart way to manage the content and time on any connected device. You can use the parental controls of the Circle smart app to manage the content of every family member especially the children. With just a press of a button, you can set time limits daily for several apps and websites. You can manage your children’s mobile devices across all the networks with the Circle Go.
2. Top Tri-Band Wi-Fi
This Tri-band Wi-Fi device with smart connections changes the whole setup of today’s home networks. One 2.4GHz band and two 5GHz Wi-Fi bands assure flexibility, intelligence, and capacity to the device so that it can connect your mobile to the maximum speed Wi-Fi band. This ensures that every smartphone or laptop connected to the device gets to stream, load, and play the game at the maximum speed possible.
3. Easy sharing
The router has ReadySHARE USB that gives space to a powerful set of features like USB storage access and media streaming. With the available ports of USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 on the router, you can connect the USB storage that you already have and enjoy the high-speed Wi-Fi access on it. To upgrade your entertainment dose, the ReadySHARE USB also lets you play, listen, view, and share several photos, videos, and music on the connected media players like game consoles and connected TVs.
4. Allows cybersecurity
You would be able to protect your home network, personal mobile phones, and other connected loT from cyber threats. Netgear Armor is powered by Bitdefender and that safeguards your smart home devices from cyber attacks like Trojans, viruses, ransomware, spyware, and many more. If your devices are stolen or misplaced, Netgear Armor can trace them, lock them, and wipe away the data remotely.
5. Easy to Install and use
The installation process of Netgear Nighthawk is quite simple. It allows easy setup with various devices like computers, smartphones, iPads, and tablets. The Push “N” connect feature of the router enables an easy push-button for Wi-Fi WPS connections. To save energy, you can conveniently switch the power off and easily turn off the router lights. The soft-touch buttons on the router make it easy to use.
Pros and Cons
- It is an excellent option for optimizing the performances of multiple devices on a single network.
- The router has a user-friendly interface and it is simple to set up. Anyone can install it in their house easily.
- The triple bands of the wireless router deliver more Wi-Fi for more number of devices to get connected.
- It has rigid throughput and excellent NAS performance.
- The powerful dual-core 1GHz processor and three offload processors deliver a total Wi-Fi speed up to 3.5Gbps.
- The Dynamic QoS prioritizes Internet traffic by its application and device.
- The six antennas of the router deliver high-quality performance and the power amplifiers enhance the range of coverage.
- The smart connect technology of the router is intelligent enough to select the best Wi-Fi for every device.
- The router assures you high security across the networks to confirm online safety and privacy.
- It is equipped with a special feature of “Circle with Disney” that allows you to manage online use for family members.
- The router is compatible with voice controls like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. You can control your home network using the voice commands.
- The implicit and explicit Beamforming+ emphasizes on Wi-Fi signals and offers stronger connections.
- The parental controls offered by the router are highly appreciable.
- The Network Map feature of the router is not up to the mark and requires improvement.
- The router is more expensive than many others available in the market.
- Compared to the competitors, Netgear Nighthawk AC3000 Wi-Fi Router bulky. Its dimension is 11.6*8.9*2.1 inches and is approximately 1.1kg in weight.
- When you open the package, the six antennas indicated on the box may seem to be confusing at the first glance.
- There are 11 lights between the antennas, which may prove to be annoying for some users.
About the Company
Netgear is a multinational company that designs, develops, and markets various networking products for small businesses and home users worldwide. They have their headquarters in San Jose, California. They were founded in the year 1996 and they have emerged as gigantic since then. This global networking company provides innovative products to the service providers, businesses, and the end customers. Their products are based on a variety of proven technologies like wireless, which includes Wi-Fi and LTE, powerline, and Ethernet. They primarily focus on manufacturing products that are easy to use and are reliable. The product line of Netgear has wired and wireless devices that are built to enable networking systems to provide network connectivity and broadband access. People use Netgear products to share Internet access, multimedia content, files, and other peripherals among several personal computers. Their products are available in multiple configurations to meet the needs of the users who belong to separate geographic regions.
Netgear offers extensive support for Nighthawk AC3000. You can easily contact a Netgear representative through live chat, email, or phone if you require any troubleshooting to be done during the installation. You would get a two years warranty with the product which is one of the best aspects of the model. Netgear Nighthawk AC3200 is considered as one of the powerful wireless routers available in the market. For impressive speed levels, the product uses the latest Wi-Fi technology of two 5GHz bands. It can deliver an uncongested wireless network throughout your house. The product is accompanied by software that helps you to access the network settings virtually from any device. As the device comes with a pre-configured network, you can simply get started by entering the password. The initial setup is simple and you can get immediate access to the internet with the device. You can rely on this wireless router to witness a buffer-free experience at home.
1. Is Netgear a reliable brand?
One of the largest brands in the networking industry is Netgear. The routers of Netgear are used across the world and they are well known for superior speed and coverage. Netgear designs the ideal router for every home and business environment.
2. Why do I need a router?
When a computer is connected to the ISP cable connection directly, it is prone to attacks. The router improves the security of the computer. Some routers have advanced security mechanisms like the VPN that allows the users to safely log in to the business network.
3. What is the cost of Netgear Wi-Fi?
The Basic service plan is free of cost; however, that does not include all the features of a Premium plan. The Premium service plan is USD 4.99 per month and if you plan to pay every year, you need to pay $49.99 per year. You get 2 months free when you pay yearly.
4. Does the Netgear Nighthawk AC3000 require a modem?
No, this model does not require any modem. It is a wireless router and it provides high-speed internet connection.
5. What is the meaning of AC3000?
AC signifies that the router is supported by the latest 802.11ac networking standard. Due to this it can offer you fast Wi-Fi connections at 5GHz frequency. The number mentioned after AC represents the maximum bandwidth of the router.
- 1 NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Dual Band Smart WiFi Router
- 2 Main Features
- 3 Pros and Cons
- 4 About the Company
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 FAQs