We are living in an era where high-definition content consumption is possible with just a click of a button. Therefore, it is essential to get the best performing modem and router for a reliable and stable internet connection.
The Wi-Fi network is the main support of your smart home. You need speed and technology to keep all your smart gadgets connected to the Wi-Fi so that you can access the web at any point in time. The Wi-Fi modem routers are capable of dispersing the widest range of speed and their significant features help to meet the internet needs of the home.
With a perfect modem router in place, you would be able to live stream, play games online, watch videos, and music. There are endless possibilities that you can overcome when you get a good quality modem router.
With a fast-paced internet connection, nothing would be impossible for you. For the fastest signal speed, you can try the Netgear C7800 cable modem router. It supports up to 3.2Gbps Wi-Fi speed so that you can experience extreme gaming and video streaming without any signal dropping or delay in downloads.
This dual-band router-modem keeps you rigidly connected to the Wi-Fi and keeps you immune to the interference from appliances. It is tested for high-quality performance and is worth a try.
Netgear c7800 Review (2020): Top Quality Cable Modem & Router
Netgear c7800 is a 2-in-1 device and is a combination of router and modem. Hence, it allows you to do more with less input and saves time and money. There are various features of Netgear c7800 that make it one of the best in class. Some of the main features are mentioned below.
1. High-speed internet and wide coverage
Netgear c7800 can support internet plans up to 3.2Gbps with up to 3200 Mbps Wi-Fi-speed. That is the reason; you would be able to stream 4K videos, play multiplayer games, and download movies in less time and without any hassles. With Netgear c7800, you can get maximum coverage of 3000sqft and connect up to 45 devices, which is certainly outstanding. The device is equipped with DOCSIS 3.1 technology that allows it to support up to 10Gbps downstream and 1Gbps upstream making it future-proof.
2. Channel bonding
Netgear c7800 features channel-bonding technology. It has been observed that the speed of the internet slows down during the peak hours, therefore during the peak hours your service provider would limit the upload and download speed to handle network congestion. With Netgear c7800 your internet speed would go down only to a considerable level to just 3-4Mbps down. That way you can experience a good speed even at peak hours.
3. Features Beamforming Technology
Netgear c7800 is equipped with Beamforming+ technology. The beamformer technology allows the router to transmit radio signals towards the direction of the client. This creates a comparatively more reliable and faster wireless internet connection on both 5Ghz Wi-Fi and 2.4GHz. Beamforming reduces the dead spots and other unnecessary radio frequency interference. You can get a stable Wi-Fi connection for all videos.
4. Uses DOCSIS 3.1 technology
There is a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem on the product and therefore it can take care of 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels. As Netgear C7800 is a house to multiple downstream and upstream channels, your internet speed would never move down to the minimum speed. Even during peak hours, you would be able to experience good speed on the internet. Netgear C7800 can bond all the accessible speeds on all the channels to maintain the fast speed of the internet connection.
5. Dual-band Wi-Fi
The best thing about Netgear C7800 is that it is dual-band Wi-Fi. The first wireless band is 2.4GHz at the speed of 1000Mbps. It can be slower; however, it provides a large coverage area. The other one is 5Ghz at the speed of 2200Mbps. A large number of modern smartphones and other devices support this band. The 5GHz WI-Fi is faster than 2.4GHz but the coverage area is limited.
6. 512MB RAM, 128MB flash and 1.5GHz dual-core processor
Netgear C7800 consists of a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 512 MB RAM, and 128MB flash storage. These numbers might not sound fulfilling, however, routers don’t require too much memory to work with full proficiency. With this configuration, Netgear C7800 can support up to 45 devices, which is fair enough. It delivers fate uninterrupted internet connection to its users.
- The modem router is easy to install. During installation, connect the modem router directly to your computer. After installation and activation, you can connect it to the router.
- Netgear C7800 uses DOCSIS 3.1, which is reliable and fast. It supports capacities of up to 10Gbps downstream and 1Gbps upstream.
- Being a router plus modem, it is a 2-in-1 device, which saves some money of yours.
- To connect to Wi-Fi it has few easy push buttons. You can get connected by just clicking on those buttons.
- For controlling and monitoring a personal dashboard and for repairing the home network, you can access the Netgear GENIE app.
- It works with most of the major cable providers such as Xfinity by Comcast, Cox, and Spectrum. It also supports guest network access.
- Netgear C7800 has Wi-Fi protected access as it supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
- The product offers double firewall protection through SPI and NAT.
- It has denial-of-service attack protection.
- As it has simultaneous dual bands, it is effectively able to reduce the interference for better connections to Wi-Fi devices.
- Netgear c7800 is quite expensive and not everyone would be interested to spend the amount for a modem router.
- As it is a 2-in-1 product, you would have to repair the entire thing if one part fails to perform.
- The product is bulky.
About the Company
Netgear is a multinational company of computer networking with its base at San Jose California. It manufactures networking hardware for businesses worldwide, commercial service providers, and individual consumers. They have specialized in developing various wireless devices that help in making a local area network more often known as Wi-Fi. The products made by Netgear allows users to share internet access, digital multi-media content, applications, files, and peripherals among multiple personal computers. Netgear sells its product through distributors, broadband service providers, and retailers. The company emphasizes introducing new products with the latest technologies and that is the reason they have been able to thrive in the market for a long period. The products designed by Netgear are smart, powerful, and easy to use. They turn ideas into innovative networking products that help people to stay connected, boost up the businesses, and stay ahead in life.
When you are keen to find a fast and stable network for your home, you should buy Netgear c7800 without any second thought. This product will make it easier for you to have the smartest home in the neighborhood. The technology used in the router-modem is advanced and latest, hence you can be assured that you would get the best quality connections on all your devices. Your home network will get the best speed and performance every time you need it. With Netgear c7800 you can simply sit back and achieve seamless network connectivity. The product guarantees consistent internet access that is rigid and you can get a buffer-free experience even when you are downloading and streaming large files. The signal speed spreads evenly to wherever the Wi-Fi devices are and promote reliability. It is simply the best that you can get to boost up the network speed.
1. Can I get connected to the internet without a modem?
Yes, you can connect to the internet even without a modem if your internet service provider makes the connection through Wi-Fi or Ethernet. Some of the local providers drop an Ethernet cable, which you can connect to your system to access the internet.
2. What is the system requirement for Netgear c7800?
For PC, It is compatible with Windows 2000, Windows Vista, XP, Windows 7, 8, 10, OSX/macOS, UNIX, and Linux. For the browser, you would need Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, Google Chrome 11.0, and above versions.
3. Why is it important to register to a NETGEAR product before use?
You would receive the following benefits once you register:
- You will be notified when new firmware is available that also includes updates to enhance your security.
- Get personalized and quick advice whenever required by the NETGEAR experts.
- When you join the NETGEAR family, you get tailor-made exclusive offers.
4. What should I do when I face trouble to log in to my.netgear.com?
You might rarely face issues while logging in. However, if you do face a problem, send an email to email@example.com and mention the subject line as “Problem with my.netgear.com”.
5. How long does the Netgear router last?
It depends on the individual when they want to upgrade their device and get a new one. The experts recommend upgrading the router every 3 to 4 years. Many times, overtime heat can damage the internal components and make the performance slow.
- 1 Netgear c7800 Review (2020): Top Quality Cable Modem & Router
- 2 Main Features
- 3 About the Company
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 FAQs
- 5.1 1. Can I get connected to the internet without a modem?
- 5.2 2. What is the system requirement for Netgear c7800?
- 5.3 3. Why is it important to register to a NETGEAR product before use?
- 5.4 4. What should I do when I face trouble to log in to my.netgear.com?
- 5.5 5. How long does the Netgear router last?