A cable Internet user often finds renting Internet equipment to be extremely irritating. Apart from being mostly outdated, these types of equipment are likewise expensive. Moreover, it is not the fact that this is done by Mediacom only. Still, the majority of the providers in the United States such as Cox Internet, Xfinity by Comcast, Charter Spectrum, Wave, and so forth also do it. It might be the fact that you happen to be on the highest 1 Gig plan of Mediacom. Despite this, you are finding your 4K TV to be buffering at all times. The possibility is that there might be an Internet outage problem; however, in case it is not an outage it might be due to your outdated modem or router which is not capable of handling that kind of speed.
The time is perfect for you to come back to the router or modem which you received along with your Mediacom subscription and get hold of one which is appropriate for your plan. Even though it is not expensive, you will be spending approximately 8 to 9 months of the rental charges at one time. Nevertheless, the thing is that you will be able to own that equipment for the remainder of your life. You might search on Google or even perform an Amazon Shopping search, and you will come across a huge number of cable modems which work with Mediacom. Although it will be possible for you to select any random model, in case you like to go for the better ones then it will be a sensible idea to choose one of the models from the list that we have mentioned below.
You have come to the right place irrespective of whether you are searching for better quality Internet apparatus or are within a budget and comprehend the ROI between renting and purchasing. So, let us not waste time and look at the following 16 Mediacom compatible modems to make a sensible buying decision.
17 Best Mediacom Compatible Modems & Routers in 2022
ARRIS Surfboard G34 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem & AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Router
Check Price on Amazon
- Runs on the DOCSIS 3.1 framework
- Only a cable mode, no built-in WiFi network
- Best suited for plans up to 1 Gbps
This particular modem happens to be a sleek, elegant, and simple-to-install apparatus that functions on the innovative DOCSIS 3.1 technology (having backward compatibility that implies that it can be used with DOCSIS 3.0 or earlier versions). It is likewise a fantastic upgrade in the series. Once it has been installed, it will be possible to make use of stable and seamless service with no disturbance whatsoever.
This device can download flawlessly at 1 Gbps and also upload at the identical speed. In case you combine it with a dependable Wireless router which is appropriate for your requirements, there would be no need for you to worry about Internet connection problems because of the equipment.
The device is properly ventilated, and, for this reason, it will never heat up whatsoever. You will not suffer from any buffering or throttling while making use of the Internet, and this helps to make this device one of the most effective equipment out there for online gaming and video streaming.
However, there is a downside with the Netgear CM1000, which happens to be its price. The device is a future-proof cable modem which comes with a restricted 1 Gbps data plan and, for this reason; it might not be worth the cost in case you happen to be under a certain budget. Moreover, bear in mind the fact that it will be imperative for you to purchase an extra router. Nevertheless, this is admired by the technical people out there.
Furthermore, it might be the fact that the device can provide you with blazing speeds but can often become disconnected. However, this issue can be fixed with the help of a replacement unit which has been provided by the company. Therefore, in case you are facing these types of problems, it will be sensible to get the modem replaced. Nevertheless, in case there is an issue with the apparatus, high-quality customer service ought to be provided by Netgear for the convenience of its users.
- Excellent for gaming and video streaming
- Simple to set up and easy installation
- Modem is properly ventilated and therefore will not heat up
- Fast connectivity with incredible Internet speed
- No user interaction is required by the device
- No need to unplug for rebooting the modem
- It is difficult to see the LEDs
- Self-activation might not work, and external assistance might be required
- Costly hardware and low lifespan
- The signal drops frequently and does not reset by itself
- Runs on the DOCSIS 3.0 framework
- Supports maximum download speeds up to 686 Mbps
- Only a cable modem, does not feature a built-in wireless router
It is impossible to ignore MOTOROLA MB7420 while purchasing a cable modem. The company has done a fantastic job by incorporating some excellent features into the device. It is compatible with most of the leading modems out there including Cox, Comcast Xfinity, Mediacom, and so on.
It provides as much as 686 Mbps thanks to DOCSIS 3.0 which is 16 times faster as compared to DOCSIS 2.0. It comes with a capture digital tuner that ensures dependable Internet with quicker speed. The Ethernet port of the modem enables you to connect with computer, HDTV, and also a gaming station. The modem can likewise be connected to a wireless router given that it has got no inbuilt router.
It works with all the major brands such as Mediacom, Comcast, Cox, and so on. With Mediacom, you will receive speeds of as much as 300 Mbps for residential as well as 250 Mbps for business purposes.
The setup is quite easy and can be done with only a few easy steps. The Motorola Company also provides outstanding customer care service, and their specialists are eager to assist you.
As compared to the other versions, this particular version comes with a compact and attractive design. It is well-suited for your residential and office purposes. The company also offers a 2-years warranty for the convenience of the users along with 24-hour customer support. You will likewise get a return policy in case you buy it from big e-commerce giants like Walmart or Amazon.
At present, the product is only available in the black color, and its weight is around 266 grams. Its dimensions happen to be 4.9” x 2” x 6.1”.
- The modem works with DOCSIS 3.0
- Simple and fast setup.
- Compact and attractive design.
- Certified with all the major companies like Mediacom, Comcast, Cox, etc.
- Comes with power surge circuits.
- Around-the-clock customer support.
- Lights are brighter.
- At times, you might face stability problems.
- Supports maximum download speeds up to 800Mbps
- Cable modem with a built-in wireless router
- Runs on the DOCSIS 3.0 framework
Our next entry in this comprehensive list of Mediacom compatible modems is going to be the Netgear Nighthawk. In fact, there are many reasons why this device has become so popular at present. Having 24 x 8 channels, the modem happens to be compatible with all the notable United States cable network partners. The equipment works with Cox, Mediacom, Comcast, Spectrum, and many more. It will now be feasible for you to save $150 worth of monthly rental bills very easily.
The revolutionary DOCSIS 3.0 technology is ideal for plans as high as 400 Mbps. The device is going to cover every device of yours within an 1800 sq. Ft. range. It can cover approximately 30 devices. It comes with as many as 2 USB ports and 4 Ethernet ports for providing you with quick connectivity to consoles, storage devices, and printers.
The modem is quite fast having upload speeds of up to 6.1 Mbps and download speeds of as much as 1.9 Gbps. This is fantastic for video streaming as well as HD gaming. Moreover, there is the 1.6 GHz processor which reinforces the device.
The features ReadySHARE, helps to open up an entirely new world of possibilities. It will be possible for you to have it all from high-speed video access to USB storage access. It will be feasible for you to share photos, play music, and also connect to the consoles, media players, and Smart TVs in one single go. Moreover, you will be able to work the Genie App management right from the smartphone. This will help you to handle your Wi-Fi easily.
It is possible to install the modem within only 5 minutes. The Netgear C7000 Nighthawk is the streaming device of this new era. It is the most well-known in its genre.
- Simple to set up.
- 100% reliable.
- Excellent speeds.
- Ready with 5 minutes.
- Low maintenance.
- Internet might become disconnected.
- Is not compatible with Spectrum.
- Pages time out from time to time.
- Customer support is not up to the mark.
- Cable modem + WiFi router combo
- Supports the DOCSIS 3.0 framework
- Up to 8 times faster than older DOCSIS 2.0 modems
At present, everybody across the globe demands top speed Internet connection. You will not come across any residential property or workplace without a router irrespective of its scalability or size.
It has turned out to be a well-liked and in-demand brand which has become a hit amongst the users right now. The device mentioned here happens to be the most recent DOCSIS 3.0 based model, which is a combo of a wireless router and a cable modem.
The slender, as well as sleek framework, works well with virtually every device in your residence. It can be easily connected to desktops, refrigerators, Amazon Alexa sticks, security alarms, along with other platforms using 16 x 4 bonding to the network.
The modem comes with robust connectivity and an extensive range which is intended for managing heavy traffic as well as heavy-duty usage. The download speed of the gadget happens to be 680 Mbps, and its maximum upload speed was found to be 150 Mbps. Moreover, the Ethernet wire is quite long, which adds to the flexibility of the gadgets.
We do not have any complaints when it comes to packaging and construction. A set of guidelines are also provided for proper assembly as well as usage. It is very simple to set up the device which can be done within a few minutes only by the user. No professional will be needed to install the router. The intuitive design, as well as user-friendliness of the device, likewise deserves special mention. The user can also set the filters and the parental controls for optimizing the connection to suit his requirements.
- Incredible router speeds.
- Versatile and flexible.
- Simple to assemble and use.
- It can connect with more than one platform.
- Features parental controls
- Outstanding for high Internet traffic
- According to some users, the device is not much flexible.
- Customer support is not up to the mark.
- Unresponsive and slow network.
- Cable modem which comes with a built-in wireless router
- Features 2 LAN ports + 1 USB port on the back
- DOCSIS 3.0 modem with an 8×4 channel bonding framework
In general, you will require a router and a modem since the router is responsible for distributing signals between various devices and the modem acts as a bridge between the Internet and the local network of yours. It helps to combine both of these devices such that you need not buy the 2 products separately.
When it comes to specifications, this device provides 300 Mbps and 340 Mbps connections which will be adequate for you to get by. The security features consist of double firewall protection which offers proper protection against any prospective hacker attack out there. Moreover, these 2 onboard will also safeguard you from being attacked by malware as well. On top of this, an advanced channel bonding technology will allow your home network to enjoy incredible speeds during the peak hours too.
This router will enable you to share files while traveling by just plugging in the flash drive in the in-built USB port. You will not get this feature with most of the similar routers on the market these days.
Despite not being the quickest router on the market, the device will allow you to accomplish your tasks such as video HD streaming, browsing, and so forth. Moreover, it is likewise quite impressive in terms of price.
- Quick and simple to install.
- Supports wireless access as well as sharing using a ReadySHARE USB port.
- Need not pay monthly rental charges.
- Features an innovative power-saving facility along with On/Off switch.
- Comes with web filtering as well as parental controls for separately connected devices
- Provides secure and separate access for the guests.
- Features just a couple of ports.
- Functions on Wireless-N technology which is obsolete
- As compared to 5GHz plus Wired LAN, the router provides comparatively low speeds.
- Cable modem + WiFi router combo
- DOCSIS 3.0 framework – up to 8 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0 devices
- Comes with two LAN ports and one USB port for connectivity
This particular modem router combo happens to be a decent 3-in-1 device that comes with a robust Wi-Fi router as well as 2-gigabyte switch. It is quite affordable when it comes to cost mainly while considering its speed and other innovative features.
The setup is simple, quick, and painless. While the signal strength is outstanding, the router/modem combo provides you with a maximum download speed of 340 Mbps and an optimum upload speed of 122 Mbps.
Even though the Wi-Fi functions decently, you might need a signal amplifier in case you are residing in a large residence. The modem comes with a “guest” feature that can be set up by the user. You can also password-protect the gadget or else your neighbors might use your Internet sans your knowledge.
The device can be accessed from different parts of the residence, and there is no complaint of any loss of signal. It will be able to connect quite a few users by means of Wi-Fi.
The modem might encounter connection problems when it comes to some reserved IPs. At times, the gadget might cease to work all of a sudden. The Internet will become slow, and the device will not respond to any ping. However, it is possible to overcome this issue by resetting the modem. While you can play online games properly with a wired connection, there might be some lag while you are connecting wirelessly.
- Installation is quite simple.
- Outstanding Wi-Fi modem router.
- Proper connectivity over a wide area.
- Compact and attractive model/router combo.
- Is worth the cost.
- Helps to save monthly modem rental charges.
- Although a good device initially, can start malfunctioning after several months.
- At times the modem stops all of a sudden.
- Customer support is not as expected.
- The connection might drop, and the device has to be reset.
- DOCSIS 3.0 modem with 1 Gbps Ethernet port on the back
- Supports cable internet speeds up to 650 Mbps
- Easy to set up using the quick start guide
Although Gigabit speed is somewhat more than the majority of the individuals need at present, it will not be long before broadband Internet requires to hit that threshold as well. Fortunately, it has the power to provide speeds of as much as 940 Mbps down on the Gigabit Speed plan of Comcast Xfinity.
Supporting DOCSIS 3.0 which happens to be a connection standard supporting the fastest home speeds of Comcast, the device offers top performance for the heaviest users out there. This modem can provide downloads for as much as 1000 Mbps with as many as 24 downstream channels on an Internet plan supporting those types of speeds. It can likewise provide a maximum upload speed of 246 Mbps on 8 upstream channels.
It is easy to identify any connection issue thanks to the presence of 5 LEDs on the modem’s front and the properly ventilated case helps the device to remain cool while used extensively. The MB7621 has to be connected to a computer or router for completing your network.
- DOCSIS 3.0
- Gigabit speed.
- Properly placed LEDs.
- 2-year warranty.
- It comes with Large size
- Cable Modem + WiFi router combo
- DOCSIS 3.0 modem with a 16×4 channel bonding framework
- Best suited for cable internet plans up to 300 Mbps
The features as many as 16 downstream channels which will be able to download at 686 Mbps and also 4 upstream channels are having the ability of 124 Mbps uploads. The device functions as a decent Comcast router-modem combo that likewise functions with a lot of other cable ISPs in the US like Cox, Mediacom, Time Warner, Charter Spectrum, and so forth. The modem portion of the gadget supports speeds of as much as 300 Mbps while the optimum bandwidth of the dual-band AC wireless happens to be up to 1.9 Gbps. The MG7550 comes with internal antennas which are amplified with the help of Wi-Fi-powered amplifiers delivering top performance out there.
The modem can support 16 upstream as well as 4 downstream channels. Although this might be somewhat lesser as compared to the 24 x 8 channel bonding provided by a few other devices on this particular list, it hardly creates any problem in day-to-day usage unless many customers are connected simultaneously. The innovative web interface provides easy activation and connection of the service of your ISP. Simply be aware of the fact that there have been reports that ISPs are capable of changing the web interface’s admin password. However, Motorola has not addressed this issue yet.
- Wi-Fi Power Boost
- Extensive ISP compatibility
- Parental controls
- Absence of any USB port
- UI password can be changed by ISP
- DOCSIS 3.0 modem with 16 downstream x 4 upstream channel bonding framework
- Supports up to 686 Mbps download and 131 Mbps upload speeds
- Only a cable modem, does not feature built-in wireless router
This particular modem features the groundbreaking DOCSIS 3.0 technology which can work 16 times weaker as compared to its previous version. Apart from this, individuals mainly select this unit since it works properly with most of the US cable providers like Comcast, Time Warner, Bright House as well as Cox.
The speed of the device can go up to as much as 686 Mbps for download and 131 Mbps for upload which will, of course, depend on your subscription. Moreover, you will be receiving as many as 4 gigabit Ethernet ports. You will enjoy playing video games or doing HD streaming with the help of this particular model. Apart from this, it will be able to do that on multiple devices simultaneously. IPv6, as well as IPv4, is supported by this modem for providing Internet. Lastly, the unit comes with 16 download channels along with 4 upload channels.
There have not been too many negative reviews or complaints on this unit. Although it works properly, it has annoyed several of its customers at times. The indicator light is bright, particularly in the dark. Although it does not cause many problems, in case you are going to sleep at night, you might feel some disturbance.
- Is compatible with virtually every provider
- Comes with DOCSIS 3.0
- Ideal for HD streaming as well as gaming
- Appropriate for multiple devices
- The indicator light is excessively bright
10. MOTOROLA MB8600
- DOCSIS 3.1 framework based cable modem
- Only a cable modem, no built-in wireless internet support
- Best suited for internet connections with a speed up to 1 Gbps
The MB8600 works properly with almost any type of Wi-Fi router or an Ethernet-enabled computer. This device provides incredibly fast Internet speeds, and it will optimize the service in case the Internet is slowed down by your operator. Motorola will be satisfying your demands for playing online games or streaming HD videos.
The device works with Comcast Xfinity together with Cox, Xfinity X1, as well as CableOne and will help you to save your cash as well. However, it will be good to know that the modem is incompatible with a few other services.
It features AQM (Active Queue Management) which will be able to minimize latency on DOCSIS 3.0 single-handedly, and you will be able to experience a foster webpage loading in the long run. There will also be an improvement in interactive sessions at the time of video conferencing and online gaming.
In terms of design, the modem is likewise extremely contemporary and sophisticated. It also does not occupy much space as compared to the similar other models on the market. Apart from this, the device stays cool, and you need not worry about any throttling of speed because of overheating. The reason for this is that the system is properly ventilated thanks to a grid pattern on its side.
- 2-years warranty
- Compact as well as elegant design
- Includes Active Queue Management
- DDoS protection
- At times the connection might drop
11. ARRIS SURFboard
- Cable modem that supports the DOCSIS 3.0 framework
- Comes with a 2 year warranty
- Only a cable modem, does not feature a built-in wireless router
This is known to be a trusted brand which produces some top-quality products with the most recent technology. This device mentioned here is not an exception to this, and it is a cable modem and not a router. The unit is known to support the majority of the cable providers in the United States.
The SB6190 will allow speeds to go up to 262 Mbps for upload and 1.4 Gbps for download. However, it is going to depend on the cable ISP to which you are subscribing. The unit comes with as many as 32 downloads and upload channels. It likewise supports the most recent IPv6 and IPv4 Internet technology. The gadget also comes with DOCSIS 3.0 for top-quality performance as well as safety features. This will enable you to stay away from the monthly charges as well.
Although the modem works decently when it comes to speed and performance, the users don’t like the amount of time it takes for rebooting. It takes somewhat more than 2 minutes which might appear to be quite some time for some individuals.
- Dependable speed
- Features the most recent technology
- Is compatible with virtually every US provider
- A bit more than 2 minutes needed for rebooting
- Supports download speeds up to 343 Mbps and upload speed up to 120 Mbps
- Cable modem which comes without a WiFi router built in
- Works on an 8×4 DOCSIS 3.0 framework
The Linksys CM3008 happens to be one of the most recent and advanced products introduced by the company over the years. It provides a consistent and high-speed Internet connection, and it is right to assert that this astounding modem-router has been optimized for virtually all platforms.
The router is particularly effective when it comes to online gaming providing a robust support backup as well. Moreover, it provides a download speed of 343 Mbps and an upload speed of 120 Mbps for the convenience of the users. The overall performance, as well as connection, might vary from one place to another, which depends on the traffic generated in the region as well as usability. Overall, the performance, configurations, and compatibility of the router have impressed the users.
The CM3008 has been a significant improvement on the obsolete cable connections. The device also does not disappoint when it comes to accessibility. It is user-friendly and does not need much technical help.
- Simple to assemble and use
- Flexible and versatile
- Impressive and fast Internet speed
- Can connect with all networks
- Ideal for gaming and live streaming
- Customer service is not up to the mark
- Not very durable framework
13. MOTOROLA MB7220
- Supports download speeds up to 343 Mbps
- Only a cable modem; does not feature a built-in wireless router
- Two-year warranty on the modem
The MB7220 provides a download speed of 343 Mbps which should be more than adequate for many individuals out there. This will help the user to save plenty of cash over renting in the long run. The device likewise provides a decent 123 Mbps upload speed at DOCSIS 3.0 speeds with 4 upstream as well as 8 downstream channels.
Similar to the other modems from the same company, this particular modem likewise comes with a properly ventilated plastic covering with as many as 5 LED status lights at the front. There is likewise the gigabit Ethernet at the rear which helps to maintain high speeds at all times. This device is going to be a smart choice for individuals who do not need an excessive amount of speed but still want to own the apparatus whatsoever.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Outstanding features at a great price
- Available in 2 shades
- Excellent customer service
- Easy and quick setup
- Lucrative 2-years warranty
- Might not offer the promised speed at all times
- Durability problems
- A cable modem based on DOCSIS 3.0 tech
- Comes with a built-in WiFi router
- Easy to set up and control the internet using the Surfboard mobile app
This device happens to be a basic router-modem combo providing DOCSIS 3.0 cable connection with as many as 8 downstream channels and 16 upstream channels. Offering an optimum cable speed of 685 Mbps, the SBG10 can work with the majority of the US cable providers. However, it does not work with AT&T, Verizon, or CenturyLink. Even though the router can provide speeds of as much as 686 Mbps, it will be advisable to check for the actual speeds with your ISP. There is likewise the support for beamforming.
Even though the performance of the modem is decent, it comes with some limitations. There are just a couple of Gigabit Ethernet ports, and therefore, you have to be sensible while connecting any wired device. Moreover, you will not come across any USB port, and therefore, you will not be able to share any printer or storage device over the network.
- Excellent speeds
- Compatible with most of the US cable providers
- An absence of any USB port
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports only
15. MOTOROLA MG7315
- Cable modem with a built-in single-band wireless router
- Works on the DOCSIS 3.0 8×4 framework
- Supports maximum download speeds up to 343 Mbps
At times you must take into consideration your budget while purchasing router-modem combos. However, that does not imply that you have to go for a low-quality product. Here, this device is one of those budget-friendly products that won’t disappoint you after all.
Moreover, the device comes with the standard appearance that the Motorola products are known for. This means that the MG7315 happens to be black as well as vertical with a lot of vents. This also helps to minimize the amount of space consumed by the device in your workplace or residence.
The gadget likewise comes with as many as 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, and this implies that you will be able to wire in any device where you require a stable connection. Moreover, the router/modem combo features an in-built firewall for improving the security of your network.
The apparatus includes an in-built DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and offers cable speeds of as much as 145 Mbps. Even though it is not as quick as the other units, it will not disappoint you in the long run. On top of this, it comes with Anybeam Beamforming such that it does have a great range.
- Vertical design
- Comes with 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- Broadcom modem chipset
- Anybeam Beamforming
- Comparatively inexpensive
- Plug-and-play installation
- Power Boost helps to improve signal strength
- Only single-band
- Not very fast as some other similar models on the market
- Best suited for internet plans up to 200 Mbps
- WiFi covers up to 1200 sq. ft. of area and 20 connected devices
- Runs on DOCSIS 3.0 framework with 16×4 channel bonding setup
Touted as an Amazon bestseller, the NETGEAR Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C6220 is without a doubt one of the best modem router combinations that you can consider getting for Mediacom. This is one of the most compatible devices, thanks to the superior functions of the device.
This dual-band wifi modem router is perfect with its compact yet high-quality and high-performance design, which means that you wouldn’t have to worry about the durability of the device at all. Also, it is fitted with two high-gain antennas for better network reception.
The device is designed for superior internet and network speeds and connects up to 200 Mbps speed without any complications. Also, it is compatible with the major internet service providers, which means that you can blindly buy it for the Mediacom ISP as well.
The fast wifi performance of this modem router combo offers the users up to 1200 sq. ft coverage, which might not seem like a lot in the beginning but is quite a decent amount of coverage, especially for the kind of price you pay.
Also, claims suggest that buying this wifi router and modem combo can easily help you save up to $180 per year from paying for the poor quality and performance accessory equipment. Also, the modem technology is backed with DOCSIS and 16×4 channel bonding, which is great too.
- Superior durability
- Supports up to 200 Mbps speed
- Compatible with multiple ISPs
- Offers up to 1200 sq. ft coverage
- Backed with security functions
- Coverage could be better
17. ARRIS Surfboard G34 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem & AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Router
- DOCSIS 3.1 modem
- Features a built-in wireless router
- 4 x 1 Gbps LAN Ports on the back26
When you think of a typical ARRIS modem, you are thinking of a good ol’ box-shaped device which comes with a couple of ports on the back and is a classic modem, looking just like the way it did in the early 2010s. However, while the company does have many similar-looking modems, the G34 is actually a clutter-breaking creation! This modem carries a very unique look from what Arris generally has to offer to the users.
Another major benefit that the Arris Surfboard G34 offers you over other cable modems is that it comes with a built-in AX3000 WiFi 6 router. This means that you do not need to purchase an additional router which is an added expense for those who purchase cable modems without a built-in router. Furthermore, the router technology used here is not the sub-standard one you might find in some other modems. This makes use of a WiFi 6 router, which offers the latest technology and a really powerful and stable internet connection.
On the back, there are four x 1 Gbps LAN ports, which can provide combined download speeds up to 4 Gbps. However, this modem is best suited for internet plans up to 1 Gbps. Furthermore, this has been certified to be used with the top three cable-based ISPs in the US – Cox, Xfinity and Spectrum. However, this also qualifies it to be used as one of the best Mediacom compatible modems out there.
The Arris Surfboard G34 is a DOCSIS 3.1 modem, which comes with a 32 x 8 channel bonding framework that ensures it supports backward compatibility with older DOCSIS 3.0 connections. However, there’s also an OFDM 2×2 framework, which gives it the additional edge and faster speeds with a DOCSIS 3.1 setup. You can also use an app to set up and configure the router, as well as monitor and manage your internet connection using it. Arris, however, needs to improve their app quite significantly as it is very laggy and often freezes up.
- Supports backward compatibility with DOCSIS 3.0 connections
- Can be controlled using an app
- Features a built-in WiFi 6 router
- Easy to set up
- Well-suited for 1 Gbps connections, can go up to 4 Gbps
- Lots of scope of improvement for the mobile app
Ultimate Buying Guide to Choose the right Mediacom Compatible Modems & Routers
There are so many router/modem combos at present that you might find it quite confusing to select the ideal device for your requirements. However, you need to keep several features in mind before trying to find one for you. Here, we have provided a buyer’s guide that will help you to come across the most appropriate Mediacom compatible modem out there.
The first aspect you need to consider is the price of the product. Many products are available at extremely high prices despite not delivering the appropriate features according to your likings. It is essential to make sure that you are not paying more than what you should do for the device. Try to compare several products and check whether they are priced properly. Do not go for the least costly product since you might have to sacrifice some of the essential features that you need. Instead, look at the online reviews from the previous users and buy a product which is of top-quality and yet affordable.
2. ISP compatibility
The device you are going to buy must be compatible with your ISP. If it is not so, there is no point in purchasing that device whatsoever. Before buying any unit always make certain that it has compatibility with your Internet service provider.
Another essential aspect to take into consideration will be the performance of the product. You must never ignore this particular feature while buying your Mediacom compatible modem. Try to look for innovative features such as DOCSIS version, downloading as well as uploading speeds in addition to channel bonding.
1. Does Mediacom provide any router?
Yes, a router is indeed provided by Mediacom. In case your password has been shared by you with lots of individuals out there, you will require a router for improving the performance and speed. Mediacom is known to provide routers at extremely inexpensive rates which are compatible with the majority of the devices in the US.
2. Is it feasible to recommend an excellent DOCSIS 3.1 modem?
Tests have shown that Netgear CM1000 is outstanding. It can provide consistent downloads at 6 Gbps for quite some time. It is also quite affordable, and the build is likewise quite durable. The chassis comes with an Ethernet port as well.
3. How is it possible to access a Mediacom router?
In case you want to log into the device, then perform the following steps:
- Visit mediacomcable.com
- Type in your username
- Enter the password
- After setting up the entire thing, you will get access to your account
4. How is it possible to activate the Internet modem?
It is imperative to get some info about your Internet provider, serial number, cable modem model number, and MAC address before initiating the procedure of Internet modem activation. After getting all the information head out to your provider’s official site and stick to the guidelines on the screen.
5. How can I reset my Mediacom router?
It is very easy to reset your Mediacom router. There is no need to go through a 5-step process, and instead, the power button has to be pressed for around 45 seconds. Following this, the button has to be released.
6. How can you configure a Mediacom router?
Follow the subsequent steps:
- Open any web browser on a PC connected with the device
- The firewall has to be adjusted according to the situation
- An SSID has to be set
- Save your password
- Configure the router
7. What would be a good but cheap modem for Mediacom internet connection?
When it comes to good modems, one often ends up paying a very large sum of money for getting a high-quality modem. However, not everyone needs a high-end device as there are a large number of users who are seeking budget-friendly modems. These are devices that function well but don’t cost a bomb.
If you are looking for a device that won’t cost too much but would function really well, you can check out the Motorola MG7315, which is a modem+router combo, and is priced in such a way that you won’t be spending too much on it while getting a performance for as many as five years. We have reviewed the device on our list above, so go take a read!
8. How to ensure that my Mediacom internet connection is safe?
Make sure you are using an internet security service like the one that Kaspersky or Avast offer that ensures that you are safe while you are browsing. However, when it comes to protecting your modem and your network, you need to ensure that you are using software that defends your network from DDoS attacks such as Netgear Armor or the like. You also need to make sure that you are setting a strong password so that hackers can’t break into your system easily.
9. Do I necessarily have to buy a router approved by Mediacom?
Generally speaking, practically any modem that supports a DOCSIS 3.1 connection can easily work with a Mediacom modem because at the end of the day they’re all cable-based connections. However, you might want to watch out for some modems that are specifically built for a certain ISP. If your modem is ISP agnostic, it is very likely to work with it. But in case you find a Midco-approved modem, we recommend you go for that as it will give you an optimal performance as envisioned originally by the company.
Do not take your Mediacom compatible modem lightly. It happens to be a 1-time investment, and therefore, you need to give a lot of thought behind it. Go for the router/modem combo that provides you with a relatively high download as well as upload speeds.
- 1 17 Best Mediacom Compatible Modems & Routers in 2022
- 1.1 1. Netgear CM1000
- 1.2 2. MOTOROLA MB7420
- 1.3 3. Netgear C7000 Nighthawk
- 1.4 4. Netgear C6300
- 1.5 5. Netgear C3700 N600
- 1.6 6. Netgear C3000 N300
- 1.7 7. MOTOROLA MB7621
- 1.8 8. MOTOROLA MG7550
- 1.9 9. ARRIS Surfboard
- 1.10 10. MOTOROLA MB8600
- 1.11 11. ARRIS SURFboard
- 1.12 12. Linksys DOCSIS Cable Modem
- 1.13 13. MOTOROLA MB7220
- 1.14 14. ARRIS Surfboard SBG10
- 1.15 15. MOTOROLA MG7315
- 1.16 16. NETGEAR Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C6220
- 1.17 17. ARRIS Surfboard G34 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem & AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Router
- 2 Ultimate Buying Guide to Choose the right Mediacom Compatible Modems & Routers
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) Regarding Mediacom Compatible Modems in 2021
- 3.1 1. Does Mediacom provide any router?
- 3.2 2. Is it feasible to recommend an excellent DOCSIS 3.1 modem?
- 3.3 3. How is it possible to access a Mediacom router?
- 3.4 4. How is it possible to activate the Internet modem?
- 3.5 5. How can I reset my Mediacom router?
- 3.6 6. How can you configure a Mediacom router?
- 3.7 7. What would be a good but cheap modem for Mediacom internet connection?
- 3.8 8. How to ensure that my Mediacom internet connection is safe?
- 3.9 9. Do I necessarily have to buy a router approved by Mediacom?
- 4 Conclusion