Taking a screenshot on a desktop is not as easy as you do with a smartphone. Especially with brands like ASUS who are extremely user-centric, finding optimal ways to take a screenshot can be a little confusing if you aren’t aware of the ways to achieve that. Don’t worry though because we have taken care of these queries for you.
Once you know how easy it is to take a screenshot, trust us, you wouldn’t have it any other way. However, some tricks are a little complicated than the others and there are some that you can do with the existing resources on your device. All you need to know are the methods involved in achieving that.
Here, we have culminated a list of all the possible methods that we know you can use to take a screenshot on an ASUS laptop.
Use third-party apps like Snagit
Unless you are completely aware of the other methods, using a third-party app is likely the easiest way to go around it. The process isn’t complicated; it allows optimal customization options and enables you to make the most use out of your time available. That’s how simple everything is.
Amidst all the available third-party applications, Snagit has one of the easiest user interfaces and a whole lot of features that make this an easy process for you. The application is not just ideal for screenshots but works for screen recording and even image editing.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Start by downloading and installing Snagit to your device
- Once done, you can run the application on your desktop and then click on “Capture” to screenshot the desktop page that you want to
- Once you click on Capture, you will find a selector and cropping tool and select the custom area that you want to screenshot and them crop out the rest.
- Once done selecting, click on the “Camera” icon to capture the selected area.
- You can either leave it there or you can move on to the image editing tools to edit the screenshot that you have taken.
Use Windows Screenshot feature
ASUS or another brand, all of them run on the Windows operating system (for the most part). And, one of the easiest ways to capture a screenshot without relying on separate functions is by using the Windows Screenshot function. It is easy to tackle and enables you to get everything sorted without needing to pay anything in excess.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Press down on the Windows button and the PrtSc button simultaneously to capture the screenshot of the whole screen.
- However, if you further want to crop the screenshot to your desired dimension, you need to open the screenshot with Paint.
- On paint, you can crop and resize the screenshot according to your needs.
Using Snipping Tool
One of the best things about the ASUS laptop is that it comes with an integrated snipping tool. This special capturing tool is effective enough to help you capture the overall screen of the desktop that you are working on. This tool is like the Snagit application that enables you to not just capture the screenshot but also edit it according to your needs.
If you aren’t aware, you can find the Snipping Tool in the search box. From there you can simply move ahead and take the screenshot and crop using the free form or rectangular shape according to the field that you are capturing.
Another viable option for capturing a screenshot is using this inbuilt function. Like the Windows screenshot option, even this one is an easy and viable method that you can leverage without any complications.
This function allows you to take a quick screenshot of the active window that you are working on. The only downside to this option is that the screenshot is captured but it isn’t saved to your hard drive. Instead, it is directly saved to your clipboard which you can then use to paste onto the document that you are working on.
In case this doesn’t work out for you, we’d recommend that you opt for a third-party application to get the screenshot sorted out for yourself.
Using PrtSc option
Although a viable and similar option is the PrtSc option. This is an effective option that captures the screenshot of the whole screen and it is copied to your clipboard. This shortcut key only captures the screenshot but won’t save it to your hard drive, so make sure that you paste it for the record.
For this all you need to do is follow the steps mentioned:
- Start by clicking on the PrtSc button from your keyboard
- Once done, you can open the Paint or other image editing software and then paste the image there
- From there, you can crop, edit and resize it according to your needs
Use Windows+H key
Another step that you can take a screenshot and directly share it is by clicking on the Windows and H key simultaneously. However, keep in mind that this method is used to just copy the active screen and then share it with anybody on the internet. This enables you to capture the Active window and send it to someone without risking them saving it.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the window that you want to take a screenshot of
- Once that is open, you can then navigate and press the Windows button and H key simultaneously on your keyboard
- Following that, the Windows OS will open the Share from the right side of the PC and you can select the sharing option and move ahead with it accordingly.
Using Visible Mouse Cursor
The visible mouse cursor method is another easy and effective way to get around with taking a screenshot on an ASUS device. However, the steps are a little complex and require you to look around and dabble with the available options. Here’s what you need to do:
- Start by pressing down on the Windows key from your keyboard
- Type in “Steps recorder” in the search box and click on the icon
- Once you open the application, you need to click on “Start record” and it should capture the screenshot immediately
- Once you are done taking the screenshot, you can then move ahead and click on the “Stop record” option using the visible mouse cursor option
How to take a screenshot quickly on an ASUS desktop and laptop?
While we have mentioned a few different options in the list above, we’d recommend choosing the Snipping tool or Windows + PrtSc option as the quickest method.
Is the Snipping tool available for free?
Yes, the snipping tool is a free application that is built into ASUS devices. You can make the most use out of it for editing and then using the application.
If you are stuck not knowing how to take a screenshot on ASUS, here are some of the effective ways you can follow to get the work done. However, try to follow these methods that we have shared. Just ensure that you save the screenshot after you are done capturing it since some of the methods don’t come with the saving option after capturing.