Have you ever wondered if you can buy a good speaker for yourself but do not have a lot of money to invest? You may have had a casual small Bluetooth speaker but let us be real, does it have the power that you get from the real deal big speakers that you just want to plug in and feel its power on your eardrums. If you do want to compromise on your audio experience and not burn a gigantic hole in your pocket, then a middle ground that you can choose to walk on. You can most definitely purchase a bookshelf, speakers. Bookshelf speakers are not going out of date, and new models are coming out.
Bookshelf speakers are one of the best options available out there for any household. They are generally available at a friendly rate and will not come with an extravagant price tag. Many people associate with bookshelf speakers with an old piece of technology that is no way comparable to the kinds of speakers that hit the market today. This is a very wrong notion as bookshelf speakers have evolved, and the new models available in the market now will knock your socks off when you hear the quality of audio that comes out of them. Not only has the technology evolved the boring bookshelf speakers, but the designs are now more ergonomic as well as aesthetic.
Many people will argue that if you are looking for something which has the most magnificent sound, you should go for the floor stander speakers as they will pack a bigger punch sound-wise. This is not always feasible as not everyone has the budget to cover such heavy-duty speakers. You can keep adding onto your bookshelf speakers, which are great for not only being within your budget but also it can be stored in small spaces. Space is one issue that many people face, and that is why they go for small Bluetooth speakers; no more do you have to sacrifice the sound quality anymore as you purchase an excellent bookshelf speaker for yourself.
Just keep in mind that not all bookshelf speakers will be the same, and just because you find one that has a lot of hype going on about it will be good. There are many kinds of bookshelf speakers in the market, and it can easily confuse you, you are not aware of the differences or what to look for in a bookshelf. This is why this list of bookshelf speakers is going to be your guiding map to the best one that you can purchase for yourself.
Top 15+ Best Budget Bookshelf Speaker in 2021 [Reviews]
The amazing Polk Audio RTI A1 Bookshelf Speakers is part if series of amazing speakers released of the RTI A range by Polka Audio, and with this one, they knock it out of the park. The company has created this budget-friendly bookshelf speaker by keeping the integrity of classic Polk Speakers along with the latest upgrades that give it the chance to enter the competition against more famous brands. It is undoubtedly a high-quality speaker that uses a 5.25-inch dynamic balance polymer cone driver who makes sure that you can enjoy clear sounds without getting distracted by any distortions that many speakers make, especially at high volumes. The curves of the speakers are not there just to provide a beautiful design, but it also helps in minimizing base distortions significantly.
- Ergonomic Design built to be lightweight, durable, and to reduce distortions.
- It comes into two attractive colors- black as well as cherry.
- The bass produced by the speakers is not significant.
- The performance of the speakers gets a little toned down when it placed somewhere other than a bookshelf or a cabinet.
The Dayton Audio B652 is one of the cheapest bookshelf speakers that you will find on the market, and this is the reason why it has gained so much popularity. It is perfect for your house, office, or even for the college student who is going to move into the new dorm room. Do not be fooled by its price nor its structure; it will not mess with your music and which is 6 and a half inches driver; you will feel like your room gets transformed into a theatre, especially when you watch a movie. It has a great finish and comes with a removable grill cloth. You can get these small but powerful speakers at a brilliant price as it is quite a fan favorite.
- Has a wide range from 70 to 20000 Hertz
- Produces well-rounded sound
- Very affordable
- The design needs more work as it is not quite aesthetic
- New models have come with better design and sound quality
The amazing Edifier R1280T truly deserves a spot on this list because even though it is in the 100 dollars price range, it is in no way cheap sounding. The hype behind this bookshelf speaker is real and justified. It has a versatile design, so it will not clash with either your home or office design. You can place in any place you want without any worries. The top of the speakers has a nice matte metallic finish while on the sides, you will find wood veneer paneling, giving it quite a chic look. Still, you must not judge a book by its cover, so you should look into the specifications of this model. You would be happy to find that the beauty of this one is skin deep, especially as it gives a well-balanced sound. It is also one of the most lightweight speakers featured on this list.
- Brilliant design
- Well rounded warm, balanced sound
- Easy to set-up and also comes with a remote control
- Has separate controls for bass and treble
- The depth of the bass is not at all impressive
- The highs produced it not very clear
If you want a bookshelf speaker that will properly transform your room into a theatre, then this one is the best in its price point. It is amazing in small to medium rooms. Even the most critical audiophiles will appreciate this speaker as it genuinely deserves the compliments that it has been receiving since its release. It is made up of a copper spun woofer, which is responsible for the rich sound that it produces. This speaker will completely change your music listening experience, especially if you enjoy acoustic instrumentals as it produces clear sounds, including at high frequencies. The look of the speaker is also attractive as it comes with a nice quote of black polymer veneer.
- The quality of these speakers is great and has been build to last.
- It has a tiny body that has to be placed anywhere and can blend in any setting.
- Apparent audio produced
- Customers will probably need to buy an amplifier along with this speaker.
- It comes only in the black color limiting the options.
There is no doubt that this weekend will be good considering that JBL has been one of the most consistent companies which have always delivered in producing affordable good quality speakers. This we get to see in JBL arena b15 which commerce with one-inch soft dome tweeter allowing the speaker to produce a clean but strong sound. It comes with 5.5 inches you for that is made up of poly cellulose. This is a great material making it perfect for that surround sound that you will look for in bookshelf speakers. Your next movie night or gaming session will feel completely different from the speakers. If you do not have space in yourself shelves, you do not need to worry as it comes with an integrated wall mount system, you can figure out in no time. The installation process is so simple that anybody can do it.
- The audio produced by the speakers is beautiful as it is powerful but clean.
- It is very lightweight and comes with wall mount features, making it quite portable.
- It comes with a soft dome tweeter making the sounds produced more natural and pleasing
- Suitable for movies as well as music
- You will not find F3 point on this speaker
- It does not have the same impact as the stereo set type bookshelf speakers.
The Micca MB42 is the classic bookshelf speaker design that is considered to be bulky by most. Nevertheless, it is an amazing speaker, and for the price tag that it comes with, it is a great choice, especially for people who want to purchase their speakers to watch movies. If you pair it with a good pair of subwoofers, then you can be able to make any room sound like a movie theatre as it has a crisp sound. The sound is very natural, and the fact that it comes with a ported enclosure leads to a richer as well as a deep base that will be appreciated by music lovers.
- The design of this speaker is excellent.
- It is very suitable for movie watching.
- Very easy to set up and use
- Has a great bass depth
- The design is bulkier than most bookshelf speakers featured on this list.
- The midrange tones produced by the speaker is often harsh
- It may feel quite cheap and does not look very durable.
- Most people would have to buy an amplifier to supplement it.
The Polk Audio TSi100 is an amazing choice, and the moment you place it in a room, it will surround the whole room with the amazing well volume sound that it will produce. If you are looking for an affordable bookshelf speaker with good bass, then this is an amazing option. It also has a wide range of frequencies so you can get the most out of your speaker. The speaker is around 10 pounds, so it is pretty light and can be placed anywhere without any hassle. You will not get any color option other than black, but that does not mean that the design is boring; it has the classic look of bookshelf speaker along with the aesthetic of a modern one.
- The speakers sound outstanding and are amazing, considering the price.
- The speakers are well constructed and are durable.
- It produces well-balanced sounds, and the bass is nice and rich.
- Most people would have to buy an equalizer to get the best out of the speaker.
- It also requires an external amplifier to do its work correctly.
With the frequency range of 43 Hz to 20k Hz, the BIC America DV62si is an amazing option available out there for you as it produces one of the best sounds for the price tag that it comes with. You can easily mount it up on walls without any problem and can also play set on a table without having the fear that it will take up a lot of space. It comes with a soft dome Tweeter, which is only 0.75 inches in size, so if you like a balanced sound, then this is a great choice. It is also perfect for watching movies as it produces a good high range of sounds. The sensitivity of this speaker allows it to pair well with most amplifiers, so you would not have to worry about that as well.
- It looks quite attractive as it comes with a black laminate finishing, which makes the speaker look like a high-end one.
- It comes with the power of 6-inch graphite or polymer woofer.
- It gives off the feeling of surround sound and works well in small to medium rooms.
- The balance between the base and the trouble produced by the speaker is truly amazing.
- You would have to buy an equalizer to make the most out of this speaker.
- If you turn the volume too high, then the sound gets a bit distorted.
Whenever we hear the name of Sony, we expect good music, and the Sony SSCS5 lives up to its name. This amazing bookshelf speaker looks and feels costly but is affordable. It is made with durable good quality wood coated with a black color giving it a smart look. You can practically fit the speaker anywhere, as it has an extremely compact design. Not only is the design small, but it is also pretty light and can be carried around the house with ease. It also comes with a detachable grill and comes with 3 drivers making it an amazing option for you to consider.
- Produces beautiful rich natural sound
- It comes with 3 drivers- woofer, tweeter, and a sub-tweeter making it quite versatile.
- It has a lightweight and durable design.
- It comes with an amazing wood finish.
- It does not work well as an outdoor speaker and has to be restricted within a small to medium room.
- You would have to buy an amplifier along with it to make it work.
This affordable built-to-last bookshelf speaker is one of the most well-rounded bookshelf speakers you will get in the market. Since it has front-facing bass ports, you can easily mount it up on walls. Compared to the other speakers featured in this list, it may be considered to be a bit costly, especially if we compare the features to the less costly ones. If you are a fan of the brand, you will not be disappointed as it delivers what it promises. It has an amazing frequency response ranging from 44Hz to 35000Hz.
- Has an impressive impedance rating
- The cabinet of the speaker is built to last a long time.
- You would have to purchase an external amplifier to make it work.
- To make the most out of the speaker, you would have to purchase an equalizer as well.
Recommended: What Headphones Does Martin Garrix Use? 2021 Edition
Buyer’s Guide To The Perfect Bookshelf Speaker in 2021
Now that you have the list of some great speakers to choose from, you should be able to see for yourself what works for you. As there are so many speakers out there in the market that did not make their cut in the list but could work correctly with you; therefore, you should be equipped to handle that decision for yourself when you see something you like. These are some of the things that you need to keep in mind before you jump on the first speaker that you see; even if a product has thousands of positive reviews, it may not be suitable for you.
- You need to figure out what the primary purpose your speaker will serve. Before you purchase the speaker, you need to be aware above what that specific model of bookshelf speaker was made for. Some models have been made explicitly for music listeners, while some will be perfect for one who likes to watch movies. Others will also have a well-rounded feature, so you need first to figure out why you are buying that specific speaker and will it work for your benefit. An example of this would be a person who watches a lot of movies on the TV should purchase bookshelf speakers along with a subwoofer if they want some extra bass and place them on either side of your tv screen. This setup is most suitable for them when compared to others because, like costlier floor speakers, whose base will cancel in such a setup.
- Check if you want a stand-alone Bookshelf speaker or are you looking for one that will be a part of a home theatre. You can very well purchase bookshelf speakers as a stand-alone one to add it to your living room, or you can buy a great home theatre system that incorporates bookshelf speakers. These get kind of pretty costly, so you would have to worry about your budget regarding such a setup. What people who want to sincerely care about the type of audio quality they are going to immerse themselves them then this is a great choice. The thing that needs to be kept in mind is that if you purchase a cheap bookshelf incorporated home theatre, then it won’t sound as great. What you can do is buy a good bookshelf speaker that can be later joined with a home theatre if you purchase one. The amazing part about bookshelf speakers is that it brings with itself the great quality of having a good speaker for an affordable rate that people want when they are looking for a more surround sound experience.
- Even if you not aware of all the technical jargon, there are some things you should learn up so that you do not fool into buying something basic in the garb of fancy gear when people try to fool you by using fancy words. You do not have to be an expert, learn the basics, and you will be able to shop much better for your bookshelf speaker. This will let you get a rough idea about what you are getting so that you do not make any mistakes. Firstly you would have to check the range of the speaker that will be given in its specifications. The number will be given in hertz and keep in mind that lower the number heavier the base will be. You will also have to look for the word Watts in the specifications. If the number is high, this would mean that the output will be greater. This number is essential as it will let you match your bookshelf speaker to a suitable amplifier. You must also look for a speaker with a third midrange driver so that you can get a more versatile or full range of sound experience.
- Keep a solid image of the place of the room and the place you are going to place the speakers. If you are unaware of how room dimensions affect the kind of speaker that you should purchase, then you should ask for a professional’s advice. The same speaker and sound are vastly different in two different rooms. Many people think that if they have a large room, bigger the speaker, they should purchase, but that is not always the case. Check the size of the room and do not go for some bulky option that will start to become a sore sight over the days. Pick one that will go well with your room, and do not be afraid to ask questions if you have doubts.
- Make sure that you have a sturdy place to keep your bookshelf speaker. If you place your speaker in a flimsy cabinet, the vibrations produced as a result of the bass of the speaker will damage the cabinet, as well as can be potentially dangerous for the speaker. You do not want your speaker to vibrate off of the bookshelf. Make sure that you have a sturdy surface that will absorb the vibration but will not interfere with the sound produced by the bookshelf speaker.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Bookshelf Speaker
1. What Is A Bookshelf Speaker? Or Is A Bookshelf Speaker Very Costly?
As it is very evident from the name, it is made in such a way that it can fit in a bookshelf.
A bookshelf speaker or also known as a bookshelf loudspeaker is the kind of speaker that people generally use in their homes. It is a consumer-grade speaker made for people who are looking for a compact speaker for their homes. It can come as a part of a home theater or even a stand-alone speaker. They have made in such a way that it will maximize the sound in a small setting, thus making it perfect for modern households.
2. Do You Have To Place A Bookshelf Speaker Only On A Bookshelf?
Just because of the name of the speakers in bookshelf speakers, it does not have to be precisely placed on a bookshelf. The name signifies three things. Firstly, the name suggests that unlike floor stander speakers, these should not be placed there. Secondly, other than the most obvious place, the bookshelves you can place your bookshelf speaker on any elevated surface like a table, desks, or even separate stands, just not on the floors. Thirdly, the name suggests that it has a small size, which makes it a perfect fit in most common bookshelves.
3. What Is The Optimum Position For A Bookshelf Speaker?
The optimum position of a bookshelf speaker does not rely on whether placed on a bookshelf, table or stand. This in no way will affect the sound quality. When people talk about the optimum position of any speaker in general and bookshelf speakers in particular, it is basically about how they are going to position the speakers properly or the angle at which they should keep the speakers. Firstly, make sure that you are placing the bookshelf speaker on a sturdy surface correctly and then follow the general rule of putting the bookshelf speakers. Around 2 o’clock and 10 o’clock positions while making sure the angle of the speakers are facing the most comfortable place from where you will be listening to the audio. You should keep the tweeters at your ear-level for the best experience.
4. What Are Some Of The Accessories You Can Buy For A Bookshelf Speaker?
Accessories do not mean that adding on to the bookshelf speaker. The best accessories that you can get for your bookshelf speaker is a speaker stand. To get the best experience from your bookshelf speaker, you can choose not to place the speakers inside the most obvious place. The bookshelves and want speaker stands as they can be adjusted to be at the ear-level of the speaker no matter on which height they are; having the speakers at your level changes the game. If you do not want to waste floor space by buying a stand or you are afraid that the equipment will be knocked over if you have pets or children in the house, then you can also go for wall mounts. This will not only be a great way to maximize the audio quality of the speaker but also can act as a brilliant home decor considering most bookshelf speakers are designed quite aesthetically.
5. Should You Buy Bookshelf Speakers For Movie Viewing?
Many bookshelf speakers are designed especially for people who want to use it for watching movies. These kinds of bookshelf speakers have been designed to give you that surround sound that you give in a movie theatre. So, purchasing a bookshelf speaker for movie viewing is a perfect plan to follow.
All the bookshelf speakers listed above have been selected after careful consideration. These are the best of the best that is available in the market. These speakers have chosen based on features and performance, how well it was perceived by customers who have used them. It is straightforward to get confused about what to buy when there are thousands of similar-sounding products out there, but with the help of this list, your search for the best speakers that you work for you becomes much easier. Many people do not consider that bookshelf speakers have a lot of potentials and can change the quality of audio you are listening if you purchase the right one for you. Do the necessary homework before you settle down on the bookshelf speaker of your choice so that you can get the best within your budget.
- 1 Top 15+ Best Budget Bookshelf Speaker in 2021 [Reviews]
- 1.1 1. Polk Audio RTI A1 Bookshelf Speakers
- 1.2 2. Dayton Audio B652 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker
- 1.3 3. Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers
- 1.4 4. Klipsch R-14M 4-Inch Bookshelf Speakers
- 1.5 5. JBL Arena B15 Bookshelf & Surround Speaker
- 1.6 6. Micca MB42 4-Inch Carbon Fiber Woofer
- 1.7 7. Polk Audio TSi100 Bookshelf Speakers
- 1.8 8. BIC America DV62si Bookshelf Speakers
- 1.9 9. Sony SSCS5 Bookshelf Speakers
- 1.10 10. ELAC Debut 2.0 Bookshelf Speakers
- 2 Buyer’s Guide To The Perfect Bookshelf Speaker in 2021
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Bookshelf Speaker
- 3.1 1. What Is A Bookshelf Speaker? Or Is A Bookshelf Speaker Very Costly?
- 3.2 2. Do You Have To Place A Bookshelf Speaker Only On A Bookshelf?
- 3.3 3. What Is The Optimum Position For A Bookshelf Speaker?
- 3.4 4. What Are Some Of The Accessories You Can Buy For A Bookshelf Speaker?
- 3.5 5. Should You Buy Bookshelf Speakers For Movie Viewing?
- 4 Conclusion