With the growing internet usage over the world more and more people are switching from wired internet to WiFi. People are installing gigabyte modem routers at their homes and offices so that they can connect multiple devices. If you are looking to upgrade your home wired network to a WiFi network then you are at the right place. We will be discussing what WiFi routers to choose from the two networking giants TP Link and D Link. Both the companies are known for selling range extenders, switches, and wireless routers at reasonable prices.
Both brands come with their positives and negatives and today we will be talking about both. TP Link has successfully made a name for itself in the market for selling a wide range of versatile products at a very competitive price whereas if we talk about D Link it has been able to stay in the market for so long because of its after-sales service. The after-sales service of D Link is so strong that the company helps users get rid of any faulty product directly from their homes. We will be talking about a few of the popular products from both brands which you should look out for when buying a new WiFi router.
TP-Link is a Chinese brand that has been in this market since 1996. In the early days, the main focus of TP Link was manufacturing network cards. Soon TP Link was able to make a name for itself for making good quality products at cheap prices. When TP Link started making routers they were the only brand that was able to offer great grouters at such low prices. Finding a TP Link Router in the market is one of the easiest things because every shop that sells routers surely has one.
D Link is a Taiwanese brand that has been around since 1986 under the name of Datex Systems Inc. Later in 1994, the company changed its name to D Link. D Link is now the leader in manufacturing networking equipment. The company has made a name for itself because of the quality of the product they manufacture. All the switches, network gears, and routers are of high quality. D Link is also known for manufacturing CCTV cameras and smart home devices making their portfolio quite broad. D Link has also worked with big companies like Amazon and Google to provide smart assistants like Alexa and Google Now.
Which Router is best for you?
If you are thinking of buying a router for your office or your home and you are confused between D Link and TP Link then the first thing that you need to understand is that both brands make great routers. If you are looking to buy a router and your budget is a bit low then the brand that is recommended to you is TP Link Wifi Router. Whereas if your budget is a bit high and you don’t mind spending a few extra bucks for the great after-sales service then D Link is the brand you should go with. To get a clear understanding we need to discuss the pros and cons of using the D Link router and TP Link router.
Pros of TP Link basic Routers
Here we will be talking about the pros of using a TP Link router and why you should choose this brand for your day to day usage.
- The main advantage of using TP Link is that it has an internet speed capability of up to 300 Mbps which is quite good when it comes to a basic router.
- Almost all TP Link routers come with RJ-45 port with the help of which users will be able to connect BSNL broadband.
- The prices of TP Link Routers are quite low as compared to the build quality offered.
- Most routers of TP Link also come with a low latency mode which is a great help if users are playing games over the internet.
- Some of the routers come with Alexa support but they are a bit expensive. If your pocket allows then surely you can get your hands on one.
- Most TP Link routers are quite compact and can be installed almost anywhere at home with a proper wiring setup.
Cons of TP Link basic Routers
Here we will be talking about the disadvantages of a TP Link router and what you need to be prepared for if you buy it.
- As such there are no major cons about using a basic TP Link router. The only problem is that there are frequent internet connection disruptions which could cause some problems.
- The next con is not very common but there have been reports of overheating of the modem at times.
Pros of D Link basic Routers
Here we will be talking about the advantages of using a D Link router and why the company has successfully kept its market share high for such a long period.
- Any D Link router comes with DDS support where a technician will replace the router at your doorstep without any hassle. This is a feature of why the company has made such a great name for itself in the market. A lot of buyers choose this brand only because of its hassle-free service.
- The basic D Link router has an internet speed support of about 300 Mbps.
- All D Link routers come with 4 LAN ports which are up to 100 Mbps.
- Alexa support is also available with D Link routers. The prices might vary if users are choosing the Alexa model router.
- The range of basic D Link routers is quite strong and you will be able to use the internet in a big space without having to worry about the internet getting cut off.
Cons of D Link basic Routers
Here we have listed down all the disadvantages of using a D Link router and things to keep in mind if you are buying one for your home or office.
- The LAN port in any D Link router is a bit slow but you need to also keep in mind that nobody uses a LAN port if they are using WIFi.
- D Link routers are a bit expensive but it surely gives users the features for its extra cost.
If you want to buy a router that suits you then make sure you get a clear understanding of what you will need from the router and then look at the pros and cons of both the routers from this article and then make the final decision. Both TP Link and D Link are good brands when it comes to routers. All you need to do is understand what suits you the best. Make sure to visit your local shop and check out the models available before finally making your purchase decision.
Which router is cheaper in between TP Link and D Link?
TP Link routers are generally cheaper than D Link routers in the market now
What is the maximum speed of a basic router?
The maximum speed of a basic router is 300 Mbps