In the age of technology, it’s almost infrequent to find someone without a computer. However, people are glued to their phone screens nowadays, and if you are among those rare breeds of people who have their pc cranked out for any reason and are stuck with their smartphone, and you need a router to install, then it is completely possible.
It is especially best for people who aren’t using any PC and are willing to work with their smartphones. Here is a consolidated step-by-step guide about how you can set up a WiFi router without a PC. Dive in!
Things necessary to setup router with a mobile
- Default WiFi address of the router
- Default admin password of the router
- Default IP address of the router
- Tablet or smartphone with an internet browser
Often the password is mentioned on the bottom of the router, but you can also find it online. And, if you can’t find the username and password, all you need to do is Google the model and name number of the router, and you will find the username. Coming to the router, you can get the best router for verizon fios or the best DOCSIS 3.1 modem router combo if you are searching for a good router.
How to set up wifi without a computer?
Although setting up WiFi without a computer isn’t rocket science, it isn’t that straightforward as well. The setup process varies depending upon the type of operating device, so a generic guide won’t work. To make the process easier for you and to make the setup easier, here is a distinguished set of compiled steps for Android and iOS. Dive in!
The pool of Android users is larger than the crowd of iOS audience. So, let’s start with the tutorial for Android users first!
- For one, you have to set up the router. To do so, you need to leave the router for a few minutes to ensure that the router is totally powered up.
- Once your PC is all powered up and ready for work, use your smartphone to switch on the WiFi. After that, connect it to your router network, and for this, you must have your SSID name. It is the brand name and a sort of network identifier for your concerned router. If you can’t find the number, then you just have to look at the label printed on your router. There the SID will be written alongside the default password.
- When your router is powered up and after you switch on the WiFi, taps on the SSID of the router from your smartphone screen. There you will find a pop-up screen that will ask for your password. Enter the default password, and your phone will be connected.
- After your phone is connected, open a local browser on your phone. Use can you Chrome or Firefox as they save you time for their fast connectivity. In the URL box, type 192.168.1.1 as it is the default IP address. Mostly this works, but if it doesn’t, then you have to look for the IP address on the label of your concerned WiFi network.
- From there, you will be redirected to the dashboard page. Once you reach the dashboard of your WiFi, enter the password and the username. The default username is generally admin, so you can use that and then enter the default password as on the router.
- Starting with the iOS setup isn’t much different as well. You have to start with powering your router. Wait for one or two minutes to make your router ready, and once it is ready, the lights will start beaming.
- Then to connect your iOS device with your router, you have to go to the settings page on your device. There you must tap on the Wireless Networks icon or option. You will spot the SSID of the WiFi hub or the router there.
- After that, click on SSID and type your default password mentioned on the label. Your device will be instantly connected.
- When you establish a successful connection, you have to open a local browser. Select a browser that is fast and is compatible with your cellular data.
- In the URL box, you have to enter the default IP address of the router then and search. Usually, 192.168.0.1 works, but if it doesn’t, then you can simply find the IP address mentioned on the label of the router. If the IP address is not available or you can’t find it, then you have to download a reliable and secure third-party application. You can use FING as a reliable and secure option. All you need to do is to download the application, and it will show you the IP address of any network without any setbacks.
- When you type and enter the default IP address for the network, the user name and password are again required. Use “admin” as a username and enter the password required to connect to the router, then click on login, and your device will be logged in.
Believe it or not, but setting up the default router is a crucial step to secure the network. To maintain the privacy of your respective networks, you must change the SSID along with their default password. This will protect your router from any threats or malware. However, while you constantly change the password and SSID, note down the settings you are changing. You need to do so as to reset the router to its default settings also involves a series of steps, and for that, you will need the details to login again.
Having a slow internet connection can be no less than a nightmare. To get lightning-speed internet on your device and surf through the websites seamlessly, get one of those advanced RCN-approved modems. The advanced modems are a convenient alternative when you aren’t getting the upgraded internet speed. It is less expensive and more efficient.
So, follow the above-listed steps and experience the speed of WiFi without a computer.